Sunday 23 October 2011

Erin's post

Hey everybody it's Erin Jan's daughter if u don't know me. My mom texted me and told me to tell everyone that they won't be in a service area for posting or updating the blog for a while unless by random chance. They are having a great time so far and are all safe! My mom bought an African cell phone so that's how we are keeping in contact! So I'm going to tell a little bit about the last few days. So far the animals they've seen are elephants,olive baboons, bush buck, dikdik, grants gazelles, gerenuk, giraffes, scrub hair, impalas, lions, vervet monkeys, oryx, grevy's zebra and the most recent animal is a leopard! That seem's like it would be so exciting but no pictures to share yet! Today they went to a Samburu village and it was amazing and a great experience! Their safari tour guide is getting married in a few years and to be able to get married he has to get 12 cows to grant his wife and her family with. Each cow costs about $100 which my mom says would take about 1 year for him to get that money, so yesterday they put some of their money together and bought him 1 cow so now he has about 8 cows, 1 cow closer to getting married! Hopefully they will be in an area where they can post photo's soon but if not I'll keep everyone updated! (:

5 comments:

  1. Great posting. Cheryl was excited & about the safari when I spoke with her so far & I guess they are still catching up on sleep with so much happening daily. I believe theya re up & away each day early to a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, Erin!! Next time you are talking to your Mom tell them we all say hi and we miss them! Sounds like they are having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they're seeing animals that I've never even heard of! Can't wait to see some pictures.
    It's great that we can still keep in touch with texting.
    Keep blogging until the tourists are back in Internet country, Erin!
    Much love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin,
    Thanks for the posts. If you are talking to your mom again can you please get her to pass a message to Maggie that her favorite employee resigned. I know she will want to hear that right away. :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete